New national strategy for personalized medicine
January 27, 2017
The Danish Ministry of Health and Danish Regions have developed a National Strategy for Personalized Medicine 2017-2020.
With the objective to ensure coordination and common guiding principles for the overall efforts, the Danish Ministry of Health and Danish Regions have developed a National Strategy for Personalized Medicine 2017-2020.
The focus of the national strategy is to:
- Establish a foundation for the development of better and more targeted healthcare for patients through the use of new technologies and new knowledge
- Strengthen the ethical, legal and safety aspects related to the use of genetic information in healthcare
- Establish a joint governance structure and strengthen collaborations across the country – both in healthcare and research
- Establish a cooperation about a safe, joint and coherent technological infrastructure
- Initiate relevant research – and development projects
An English summary of the National Strategy for Personalized Medicine 2017-2020 is available for free download here.